We live in a world where governments are declaring a climate emergency and students are campaigning against climate change, where the market for second-hand clothes is growing faster than that for fast fashion, and where people are turning away from the ‘throw away’ society. We think it’s time to do business differently.
Future Fixers is a purposeful business start-up programme where you will learn how to make a profitable business (full-time or part-time) whilst having a positive impact on the planet and on people, and it all starts with you. It is a start-up programme with a difference for people who want to make a difference.
In addition to gaining the skills and knowledge necessary to run an ethical enterprise based on the triple bottom line of people, planet and profit, participants will be able to develop the self-awareness, resilience and resourcefulness needed for the exciting journey ahead.
Are you a potential Future Fixer?
Do you want to make a difference? We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated people who have an idea, even just the spark of an idea, which could have a positive impact on our planet.
No formal qualifications or experience are needed. It doesn’t matter whether you’ve finished studying at university, dropped out of college, are unemployed, want to make a career change or want want to start a ‘side-hustle’, we’d love to hear about your idea.
During the Future Fixers programme you will benefit from the peer support of others in your group and opportunities to collaborate as well as a one–to-one session as part of the TIFF process (see below).
By the end of the programme you will have a clear vision for the future and a focused plan to get there as well as the confidence and resilience needed to carry it through.
The programme content will include the following (and more):
- The support and guidance you need to make your business idea a reality.
- The multiple benefits of the ‘People, Planet, Profit’ business model, or triple bottom line, for your enterprise
- Purposeful business planning, finance, marketing and time management.
- Encouragement to set goals that will truly inspire you (and get you out of bed in the mornings!)
- The chance to develop your interpersonal effectiveness, essential to running a successful business.
- The knowledge and understanding you need to ‘get out of your own way’ and make a success of your life.
- Support to connect with a mentor in your chosen field who is already doing good business, and who can pass on tips to you.
- Access to a free workspace
- Opportunities to sell your product or service and to network with key influencers
In addition to the above, you will have the chance to learn about the award winning Functional Fluency Model of Human Social Behaviour and the associated TIFF actometric www.functionalfluency.com which will help enhance what you already do well, and give you the understanding you need to communicate more effectively, and to transform patterns of behaviour that don’t work well.
The Functional Fluency model has proven to be effective in similar environments before such as at Cornwall School for Social Entrepreneurs where participants gave this feedback:
If you hadn’t done TIFF what would you have missed?
- A better understanding of how others see me, and how to change so that I come across in the right way to help my business.
- Opportunity to be more aware of my own patterns of behaviour, and how not to repeat those that don’t work so well.
- Feeling a true confidence in my positive skills and behaviours and not just thinking I’m ‘bigging myself up’.
What would you recommend TIFF for?
- It’s so important to be doing personal development alongside business development. It shows how your behaviour affects relationships, both personal and professional.
- So useful to look at whole picture of yourself and from that see how you work with other people, understand each other and build relationships that work for your enterprise.
- Giving a framework for personal development, to see how to balance your energy and increase efficiency.
So when and where can you take part?
We are currently running our Future Fixers programme for young people (up to age 35 yrs old) in Kendal; this will end in December 2019.
New programmes are being planned for 2020. Each programme will run for one evening or afternoon per week for 10 weeks. (We usually have a week off half way through the programme.) Please get in touch if you would like to register your interest.
Who are we?
There will be two main facilitators on the Programme:
Coach and Trainer
As a coach and trainer, I aim to connect you to your potential so that you can communicate more effectively and transform patterns of behaviour that don’t work well.
I’ve been helping businesses and charities to thrive for over 20 years and I am passionate about helping people to grow purposeful businesses.
There will also be some guest speakers and other expert workshop facilitators involved in the Programme.
The cost of the 10 week programme is £995* per person which includes your TIFF profile and two-hour one-to-one feedback session.
*Can be paid in 4 instalments
From time to time we will have subsidised places available subject to eligibility. Contact us for more information.
How to apply
Please answer the following questions in your own way. This could be a letter, a video or other visual representation (whatever you’re most comfortable with):
- Who you are?
- What is your idea?
- How will it help the planet?
- Why do you want to be a Future Fixer?
- Feel free to give us a call first if you would like to chat through your idea.
Email your application to Karen (firstname.lastname@example.org) including your name, address (with postcode), phone number and date of birth.