We live in a world where governments are declaring a climate emergency and students are campaigning against climate change, where the market for second-hand clothes is growing faster than that for fast fashion, and where people are turning away from the ‘throw away’ society. We think it’s time to do business differently; if you agree, please join us. There are three ways to get involved.
Future Fixers Forum
Our Future Fixers Forum meets once a month in Kendal, Cumbria and is open to all businesses with (or who aspire to have) a triple bottom line of people, planet and profit. The meetings are opportunities to share what you do, learn from others and to build partnerships. You can find out more and join our on-line Forum here: facebook.com/groups
Future Fixers Coaching Circle
For further support to keep you on track with your purposeful business you can also join our Future Fixers Coaching Circle which also takes place once a month in Kendal. Dates and times here: FutureFixersUK
For those who don’t yet have a business, we offer purposeful business start-up programmes where you will learn how to make a profitable enterprise (full-time or part-time) whilst having a positive impact on the planet and on people, and it all starts with you. On-line programmes coming soon.
“I couldn’t recommend this purposeful start-up course highly enough. I have got the confidence to launch my Green Graphic Design business this year thanks to Future Fixers.”
Purposeful Business Start-up Programme
Do you want to create a better future for yourself and the world we live in? Are you ready for a change? We are keen to work with motivated people who have an idea, even just the spark of an idea, which could have a positive impact on our planet.
Our programme will give you the confidence and resourcefulness necessary to run an ethical enterprise based on the triple bottom line of people, planet and profit.
It doesn’t matter whether you’ve finished studying at university, dropped out of college, are unemployed, want to make a career change or want to start a ‘side-hustle’, we’d love to hear about your idea and help you.
During the Future Fixers programme you will benefit from the peer support of others in your group and opportunities to collaborate as well as a one–to-one session as part of the TIFF process (see below).
By the end of the programme you will have a clear vision for the future and a focused plan to get there as well as the confidence and resilience needed to carry it through.
The programme content will include the following (and more):
- The support and guidance you need to make your business idea a reality.
- The multiple benefits of the ‘People, Planet, Profit’ business model, or triple bottom line, for your enterprise
- Purposeful business planning, finance, marketing and time management.
- Encouragement to set goals that will truly inspire you (and get you out of bed in the mornings!)
- The chance to develop your interpersonal effectiveness, essential to running a successful business.
- The knowledge and understanding you need to ‘get out of your own way’ and make a success of your life.
- Support to connect with a mentor in your chosen field who is already doing good business, and who can pass on tips to you.
- Opportunities to sell your product or service and to network with key influencers
You will have the chance to learn about the award winning Functional Fluency Model of Human Social Behaviour and the associated TIFF actometric www.functionalfluency.com which will help enhance what you already do well, and give you the understanding you need to communicate more effectively, and to transform patterns of behaviour that don’t work well.
The Functional Fluency model has proven to be effective in similar environments before such as at Cornwall School for Social Entrepreneurs where participants gave this feedback:
If you hadn’t done TIFF what would you have missed?
- A better understanding of how others see me, and how to change so that I come across in the right way to help my business.
- Opportunity to be more aware of my own patterns of behaviour, and how not to repeat those that don’t work so well.
- Feeling a true confidence in my positive skills and behaviours and not just thinking I’m ‘bigging myself up’.
What would you recommend TIFF for?
- It’s so important to be doing personal development alongside business development. It shows how your behaviour affects relationships, both personal and professional.
- So useful to look at whole picture of yourself and from that see how you work with other people, understand each other and build relationships that work for your enterprise.
- Giving a framework for personal development, to see how to balance your energy and increase efficiency.
So when and where can you take part?
Our next programme is open to anyone who wants to create a purposeful business. It combines face to face and virtual support for your convenience, starting with a residential on 2nd and 3rd May 2020 in a beautiful venue on the outskirts of Sedbergh. Please get in touch if you would like to find out more.
Who are we?
There are two facilitators on the Programme:
Coach and Trainer
As a coach and trainer, I aim to connect you to your potential so that you can communicate more effectively and transform patterns of behaviour that don’t work well.
I’ve been helping businesses and charities to thrive for over 20 years and I am passionate about helping people to grow purposeful businesses.
There will also be some guest speakers and other expert workshop facilitators involved in the Programme.
The cost of the programme is £995* per person including shared accommodation ** plus your TIFF profile and a one-to-one feedback session.
*Can be paid in instalments
** £49 supplement for single accommodation
From time to time we will have subsidised places available subject to eligibility. Contact us for more information.
How to join
Please e mail Karen (email@example.com) or feel free to give us a call if you’re interested in finding out more and would like to chat through your idea. We’d love to hear from you.