We live in a world where governments are declaring a climate emergency and students are campaigning against climate change, where the market for second-hand clothes is growing faster than that for fast fashion, and where people are turning away from the ‘throw away’ society. We think it’s time to do business differently; if you agree, please join us. There are three ways to get involved.
Future Fixers Forum
Our Future Fixers Forum is open to all businesses with (or who aspire to have) a triple bottom line of people, planet and profit. Our aim is to provide a network for like-minded businesses. Prior to lock down we met once a month in a Kendal pub creating opportunities to share what you do, learn from others and to build partnerships. Currently Forum activity is largely on-hold but we are hatching plans for the future so do follow us on Facebook to keep up-to-date.
Future Fixers Coaching Circle
“A great start to the week”
For further support to keep you on track with your purposeful business you can also join our Future Fixers Coaching Circle which now takes place ONLINE and is open anyone. Here’s what one of our members said:
“I joined the Future Fixers Coaching Circle halfway during lockdown upon the recommendation of a friend. The sessions were invaluable in helping me to find focus during this difficult time. They gave me the space to reflect and pause, evaluate how I was living my life and to make changes for the better. I found the environment extremely supportive and it was so useful to learn from others, and of course from the expert skills of Karen and Dave who also provided theory and valuable insight. I would thoroughly recommend Future Fixers and just wish I had found them earlier.” Jan B. HR Consultant, Coach and Yoga Teacher.
For up to date information please see our Facebook page : FutureFixersUK
For those who don’t yet have a business or are in the early days of a new business, we offer purposeful business start-up programmes where you will learn how to make a profitable enterprise (full-time or part-time) whilst having a positive impact on the planet and on people, and it all starts with you. Online courses now available.
“I couldn’t recommend this purposeful start-up course highly enough. I have got the confidence to launch my Green Graphic Design business this year thanks to Future Fixers.”
Purposeful Business Start-up Programme
Do you want to create a better future for yourself and the world we live in? Are you ready for a change? We are keen to work with motivated people who have an idea, even just the spark of an idea, which could have a positive impact on our planet.
Our programme will give you the confidence and resourcefulness necessary to run an ethical enterprise based on the triple bottom line of people, planet and profit.
If you’ve just finished studying at university, are unemployed, want to make a career change, start a ‘side’hustle’, or are in the early days of your business and need to pivot or reboot due to the Coronavirus pandemic, we’d love to hear about your idea and help you.
During the Future Fixers programme you will benefit from the peer support of others in your group and opportunities to collaborate. A one–to-one session as part of the TIFF process will be an optional extra. (see below).
By the end of the programme you will have a clear vision for the future and a focused plan to get there as well as the confidence and resilience needed to carry it through.
The programme content will include the following (and more):
- The support and guidance you need to make your business idea a reality.
- The multiple benefits of the ‘People, Planet, Profit’ business model, or triple bottom line, for your enterprise
- Purposeful business planning, finance, marketing and time management.
- Encouragement to set goals that will truly inspire you (and get you out of bed in the mornings!)
- The chance to develop your interpersonal effectiveness, essential to running a successful business.
- The knowledge and understanding you need to ‘get out of your own way’ and make a success of your life.
- Support to connect with a mentor in your chosen field who is already doing good business, and who can pass on tips to you.
- Opportunities to sell your product or service and to network with key influencers
You will have the chance to learn about the award winning Functional Fluency Model of Human Social Behaviour and the associated TIFF actometric www.functionalfluency.com which will help enhance what you already do well, and give you the understanding you need to communicate more effectively, and to transform patterns of behaviour that don’t work well.
The Functional Fluency model has proven to be effective in similar environments before such as at Cornwall School for Social Entrepreneurs where participants gave this feedback:
If you hadn’t done TIFF what would you have missed?
- A better understanding of how others see me, and how to change so that I come across in the right way to help my business.
- Opportunity to be more aware of my own patterns of behaviour, and how not to repeat those that don’t work so well.
- Feeling a true confidence in my positive skills and behaviours and not just thinking I’m ‘bigging myself up’.
What would you recommend TIFF for?
- It’s so important to be doing personal development alongside business development. It shows how your behaviour affects relationships, both personal and professional.
- So useful to look at whole picture of yourself and from that see how you work with other people, understand each other and build relationships that work for your enterprise.
- Giving a framework for personal development, to see how to balance your energy and increase efficiency.
So when and where can you take part?
Our next programme will be delivered online starting in September 2020 and is open to anyone who wants to create a purposeful business. It will combine ‘face to face’ sessions via Zoom with downloadable resources to work on in your own time alongside a private Facebook group . Please get in touch if you would like to find out more.
If you are unsure whether or not you want to start a business, or need to explore and clarify your idea you’re welcome to join our introductory course:
Is Your Business Idea a Good One?
Dates: Wednesday 22nd July, 2pm -4pm or Wednesday 19th August 7pm – 9pm
This introductory workshop costs just £10
Please contact us for further details and link to the event.
Who are we?
There are two facilitators on the Programme:
Coach and Trainer
As a coach and trainer, I aim to connect you to your potential so that you can communicate more effectively and transform patterns of behaviour that don’t work well.
I’ve been helping businesses and charities to thrive for over 20 years and I am passionate about helping people to grow purposeful businesses.
There will also be some guest speakers and other expert workshop facilitators involved in the Programme.
Our online business start-up courses are currently FREE for residents of South Lakeland thanks to funding from South Lakeland District Council.
If you live outside the area we are currently offering the start-up programme at a much reduced rate of £395. However, if you cannot afford this, do please get in touch as we may be able to offer more free places. We want to help as many people as possible to set up purposeful businesses during these challenging times.
How to join
Please e mail Karen (firstname.lastname@example.org) or feel free to give us a call if you’re interested in finding out more and would like to chat through your idea. We’d love to hear from you.